Tuesday, March 11

Hydroponics Planting


The pupils learnt about hydroponics in the Science Garden. Hydroponics is a method of growing plants using mineral nutrient solutions instead of soil. Plants may be grown with their roots in the mineral nutrient solutions or in an inert medium, such as gravel or mineral wool.




There are variety of techniques used. Here, the pupils begin by using the technique of growing the plants with their roots in the mineral nutrient solutions.






Teamwork was encouraged by dividing the pupils into groups, and each group was given a hydroponics package to set up.








Reading through the instructions given in the package and following the steps accordingly.









Helping one another during the process.











Finally, a job well done!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stumbled in and just wanted to say hi. These are great projects.

I would like to invite you to leave a comment on my blog. At my blog I ask people to tell me about their day in seven words or less. Just leave me a comment with your seven words, you can do it anonymously. If you'd rather not, then have a nice day.